Yesterday, we co-hosted another oversubscribed, highly interactive workshop in Johannesburg, with remote participation from Kigali.
Special thanks to our organizing partners:
- Silvertree Capital, who were kind enough to lend us Paul Cook for the afternoon
- Impact Hub Johannesburg, who made their awesome space available for the event
- Inkomoko, who ran the Kigali leg of the event
- The Association of Allan Gray Fellows, who helped promote the event
- Global Entrepreneurship Week, who supported promotion and are doing amazing work in Africa
The session focused on how to scale African businesses into new African countries. Paul’s remarks were exciting, interesting and challenging. You can check out his slide deck here. Participants were pushed to develop a roll-out plan for Africa: how would you approach the (very daunting) task of growing your business into new, unfamiliar markets? We loved the energy the participants fired back at us, and we were impressed to see so much growth-hacking in just a few hours! We were also pleased as punch with the great feedback from our participants.
We hope to see you soon at one of our upcoming workshops. Keep an eye on our events page, and sign up for our newsletter, to keep abreast of what we’re doing.